Monday, November 12, 2007

The big two four.

Whew, what a day. White chicken chili...cards...flowers...a new video camera...a new episode of Heroes...Pene got her staples out...the kitties got bathes...watched this funny Charmin commercial with a pink and blue bear...searched Temerity Jane's blog for a funny post she wrote about that subject. Now I feel the urge to write on my own blog.

Tonight I'm at T.G.I. Friday's and I'm wondering in my head, "Should I mention it's my birthday? I mean, they certainly must have some sort of a reward. It's Katie Day darn it. I must be entitled to some sort of chocolate sunday or something right?" But in the end I chose to keep it on the dl. Who wants a plain old sunday anyways? It's Katie Day and I need some cheesecake or something else worthy of the occasion.

So I'm eating my dinner and I kid-you-not the girl in the booth next to us has a birthday sunday delivered. It was a massacre. Total public humiliation. They make her stand-up next to them and then the shouting, singing, hullabaloo starts. I was embarrassed for her and thanking Elune that I didn't order anything alcoholic which could have blown my cover.

So watch out for T.G.I. Friday's and their false promises of free birthday deserts. They make you earn it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I absolutely hate it when restaurants gather every employee in the place around someone's table and sing as loud and as obnoxiously as they can... No desserts on the menu are good enough to put up with that.

My wife and I have a deal; She doesn't tell them it's my birthday and I don't tell them it's hers.

It has worked great !!

oh, btw .... HAPPY BITHDAY

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Katie! :D

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, little one!