Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Funny Bunny FTW

When you are living/sleeping/raising kittens with a level 70 warrior there are perks. For example, there is typically no quest you cannot complete. When a red quest should present itself, merely turn to the desk next to you and sweetly whisper “Hey ‘Funny Bunny’*, could you maybe help me with this quest when you get a moment?”

If you haven’t met a warrior, specifically the fury kind, know this: they like to show off. Don’t get me wrong, this is a good thing. They won’t object one bit to coming to the rescue. And then when you see the sweat on their rippling muscles and the sun glinting off their shiny armor you’ll be glad they like to save damsels in distress (or whomever might be in need). Oh and then there’s the sword…big and aglow with some flashy enchant. Yes, I’ll take a warrior bodyguard any day.

So in addition to quests, we’ve had many adventures running instances together. In the beginning it was probably too easy. We completely breezed through Uldaman and Zul’Farrak. Often I barely had time to send Caedmon after a bully and fire a shot before the fiend was dead.

Then we got to Blackrock Depths and that was slightly more difficult. Not that we couldn’t do it, but it took a little more strategy which was good. At first I wanted to learn chain trapping, but we actually found the most success with dropping my frost trap to slow the mobs down….which equals less damage for Tack. So between Tack, Caedmon, and I we could take on 4 or more mobs and live to brag about it.

Recently we went and tried out the Temple of Atal’Hakkar (Sunken Temple) because I had about 7 quests to finish in there. We actually haven’t finished it yet, but so far we have been receiving suburb loot and that makes me happy. I also have zero competition for the stuff I can use, so I picked up a pair of shoulder pads the other night that are pretty solid.

Then Sunday we went and tested out Dire Maul east. We actually wanted to find some additional party members…but for the love of Elune there was no one interested. Anyways, it was considerably more difficult and we are starting to reach our limit. We did, however, clear out 2 bosses with only two deaths. Honestly though, the loot there was ‘eh’. Nothing spectacular at all. Did anyone else experience this? Maybe it was just the section we were in.

Anyways, this evening I plan on whispering sweetly to my 'Babester'* that we should make a temple run.

* If you didn’t already realize it from our cat names…we like to name stuff. We have lists upon lists of nicknames for each other that have evolved over time…you don’t even want to know some of mine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warriors do liek to show off dont they lol Its great having a warrior friend.

Lance said...

I am a warrior and I don't like to show off but that might be cause I suck at being a warrior.

Unknown said...

Back in the day, Hunters loved running DM. The tarnished elven ring and the helm from the prince were good stuff to make you viable in Molten Core. Plus, I always thought it was one of the funner instances. Also, there was a summoned boss that dropped a killer polearm in DM East.

Anonymous said...

well, that settles it...I'll have to go back. Those items are going on my wish list:

Ring
Helm
Polearm

I'm sure it was just the luck of our particular run that made the loot suck. Plus, we didn't make it all that far. I just need to spend more time looking for a group.

Pike said...

My boyfriend and I are at roughly the same level, and we pretty much do all our leveling together... but he's a warlock, and I'm a hunter, so we spend an awful lot of time talking about how overpowered we are as a team, and having DPS wars... (thus far I usually win these, but he's pretty deadly.)

Saerath said...

Hunter druid combos are rather interesting as well...my wife and I played together when we first began playing...then she shot 20 lvls past me and I've been playing catch up ever since =P

Girl Meets WoW said...

Having a live-in tank is a wonderful thing, isn't it?