Monday, October 1, 2007

Mervyn "The Infinite"

It’s Friday night and my red-hot plans involve running around Darnassus trying to earn rep. I’m handing in Runecloth and Morrowgrain, because Elune as my witness my Epic mount will be a saber. Dahlia and Pene are running around like crazies, playing a rather rambunctious game of “Who’s chasing who?” Dahlia makes a not-so graceful land onto my desk and knocks over some stale orange soda. “OMG WTF…does someone need a timeout?” Anyways, I go grab a towel to begin the recovery effort on the beige carpet.

Then Tack – human warrior (who is helpfully watching this whole mess go down) points out that someone has whispered me in the game. It says, “Hi, LBK.” LBK? But that’s my blogging name. Whoot, it’s a reader! I didn’t believe that in all the realm of Hyjal there was a soul who’d read my blog.

So Mervyn - Nightelf Hunter gets a shout out because:

  1. He’s the first reader to say hi.
  2. It’s cool when a level 70 hunter acknowledges my presence.

Check out his blog The Eternal nOObie.

6 comments:

Pike said...

I got lucky with the whole mount rep thing-- my friends whisked my newbie-self away to Stormwind at level six, and not long after that I decided I wanted a horse mount. So I just leveled myself up from 6-40 nearly exclusively in "the human lands" and presto, got me a nice Chestnut Mare who is dearly loved =D

I reeeeally need to start saving for the epic mount though...

Saerath said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a the last week or so and actually got a post on mine saying that you had linked me. Just wanted to say thank and that I've returned the favor. Good luck with the rep grind. I've got a draenei shaman that I'm working on getting a ram mount =D

The Eternal n00bie said...

LBK:

You can call on me anytime you need help!

Merv

Anonymous said...

Try doing the level 1 quests in elf land and see if you don't get full rep for it. I did that to become exalted.

Anonymous said...

I've tried doing some of the lower level quests but they are really hard to come by, as I really "grew up" in Darkshore and have done a great deal of them already. You're right though, I just need to quit being lazy and go search through Teldrassil. At this point Morrowgrain and Runecloth are giving such small amounts of rep I'll never get there. Thanks for the feedback.

Unknown said...

I'm half tempted to start trying to grind Exodar rep. I have a Ram, a Saber, a Talbuk, an Aether Ray and a Swift Gryphon. An elephant would be a nice addition.

I also really want the Baron's undead mount and the raptor from ZG. I have the Baron's sword (STILL!) so it's only fitting I should have his evil mount as well.