Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pet Skills MIA.

Sometimes I fear that I don’t post any useful information on this blog. So for the sake of being useful here we go. (This isn’t really aimed at the level 70 expert hunters as much as the newbs and huntards.)

A long time ago…at least 20 levels ago. I was trying some different combinations of moves and decided to throw some commands off of my pet’s action bar. Claw and growl to be specific. I can’t remember, but I think the purpose was to deactivate them. Well, I’m sure most of you know that this doesn’t work. They are still active, you just can’t see them. So then at some point I wanted them back on the bar so that I could turn them off and on properly. So I attempted to open my Spellbook > then my Beast Training book > then grab the appropriate icon and drop it back onto the pet action bar. Didn’t work. Wtf? So since this method made sense…the program must be broken. ;)

Well, believe it or not the program was not broken and the correct way to fix this is to open the Spellbook and there will be two tabs at the bottom of the window. One for you and one for your pet. So select the pet tab and from here you will be able to select your pet skills and drag them back onto the bar.

I felt like sharing this knowledge because last weekend I was in a group speaking with another hunter. This particular hunter is a mix of Marksmanship and Survivalist. It was interesting because he happened to have a cat identical to Caedmon. Cool, right? Then he claims that he’s going to get rid of it, though. It’s been “bugging out”. In fact, this will be the 6th pet he’s dismissed recently. /furrow brow. That’s weird. So after further investigation I discover that some of the actions on his pet bar have “disappeared” and he can’t get them to show up again. So he keeps replacing pets trying to get them back. Now in all fairness, perhaps there is some sort of pet-action-bar-wrecking bug that I don’t know about. But it’s likely that he’s just been running around Azeroth wasting time and food, taming then releasing perfectly good pets, because he doesn’t know about this little tab. So anyways. I did try to quickly explain the solution to him before we got busy killing foes. Ah, and now it’s time to write about my newest adventure in PUGism.

1 comment:

Pike said...

Ah yes, I remember encountering this problem too once... took me forever before I figured it out.